Saturday, April 18, 2009

CCF Tea

CCF Tea

All whole:
1 teaspoon Coriander
1 teaspoon Fennel
1/2 teaspoon Cumin

Crush slightly, but don't powder. Boil in water or steep with fresh boiling water for a few minutes strain and drink.

Make sure the water is hot or the coriander seeds will just float.

When I first heard of this, I couldn't imagine how it tasted. It doesn't taste like much and the fennel gives it a bit of sweetness. After trying it and finding that I had no desire to drink coffee anymore, I did some researching. It is touted as a craving quencher. I'd say so.

And also since I've started drinking it (1-2 cups a day) I have not really wanted to eat meat, have craved vegetables and less fat foods, drastically reduced my chocolate and sweets intake (can you say a bite or two is enough????), and generally wanted to eat less.

So while I just "wanted to try it". I'm pleased with what it is doing for me.

No comments: