Remember the Pork Tenderloin I made awhile back? It was a grand one. I sliced all the medallions, served some with the Apricot-Orange sauce. I tucked some into the freezer, a few, I set in the refrigerator waiting for my quick and easy version of Nutty Butter Orange Pork Chops.
Pork Medallions from the other day
Peanut Butter (I used the p-butter Nick and I made yesterday)
Mandarin oranges from the can
Nutty Butter Orange Pork Chops
Vino tinto en Blaso (Wine in a glass)
Ready? Set. Go!
- Trim ends of asparagus so the stalks can fit in a bread pan (metal). Fill pan 3/4 with water, set on medium to boil.
- Turn on broiler.
- Get out plates and utensils.
- Open mandarin orange can and pour into storage container.
- Line small cookie sheet with foil.
- Nuke the pork medallions to warm them.
- Put the asparagas in the almost boiling water.
- Arrange medallions on the foiled pan, put a plop of peanut butter (I used the p-butter Nick and I made yesterday) in the center of each medallion, top with one orange slice.
- Turn asparagas over in pan (like a log roll)
- Put pork under broiler
- Watch broiler like a hawk.
- Remove asparagus from heat
- Remove pork
- Drain Asparagus, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt
Two medallions with topping are about four ounces total, so lets figure 269 calories for the entre, 4 spears of asparagus is 13 calories total, and the vino 74 calories. 15 minutes, a fine dinner for the family and a grand total of 356 calories.
After all that effort, go ahead and go have some ice cream with your family. Order Founder's Favorite if you're at Cold Stone and think of me!