Sunday, February 10, 2008

Creamy Tomato Soup

Dr. Weil's Website served this one up. I love Campbell's tomato soup made with milk. This one is fresh, flavorful and not heavy.

The recipe states 4 servings at 147 calories. Running the ingredients through the calculator on Calorie Count stated 91 calories based on eight 1-cup servings.

This was delicious served with some freshly baked bread, a salad with grated cucumber, grated carrot and mandarin orange slices. I topped it off with Weil's Citrus Salad Dressing.

You'll see my servings being smaller than many posted. That's because I like to add breads, salads, and other sides to my meals, including lunches. If I reduce the amount of the main dish just a bit, I get lots of flavors and don't find myself drifting to the snacks. (Banana Bread excluded from that statement.)

No comments: