Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sweet Potato Delight

If you use this recipe, consider yourself family. I rarely share it. This comes from a church member collection cookbooks that I've had for nearly 20 years. The beauty of this is that it is my mother in law's church, but was given to me by one of my step-daughters. I only use "step" to indicate that there's an extra level of sweetness added when "his" kids give you family books. When I talk about my five girls - it means they're mine - no matter how they came to me!

This recipe is my contribution to the annual request that makes Thanksgiving memories.

Sweet Potato Delight

3 29 oz. cans sweet potatoes - (think Thanksgiving army)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

TOPPING:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 cup butter, melted

Warm sweet potatoes in pan and pour off juice. Add the other ingredients and whip until smooth. Spread into 9x13 inch dish. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of whipped potatoes. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

There are no calories listed as this is Thanksgiving food and sweet as candy! Calorie exempt!

No comments: