Sunday, October 11, 2009

Celeste's Avoid The Ick Tea

I worked with Celeste about 9 or 10 years ago. When I posted last night that the flu had hit our house (via my grandson) she gave me this recipe. It is warming and really not too bad tasting. I sweetened it with just a bit of honey - not much - as I prefer to allow the original tastes of things to come through.

Avoid The Ick Tea

1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 garlic clove, cut into thin slices
3 dried red chili peppers (I used Thai chili peppers, but 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili peppers will work too).

Place the above ingredients in a tea strainer and steep 7-10 minutes. I have a covered tea cup / strainer combination that kept the water warm. Add honey or sugar to taste.

Not too bad - I'll let you know how it works!

No comments: