Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tuna Espana

For nearly a year, I've longed for atun as done in Espana. I loved my cans of tuna that I ate while sitting under a tree. while farmers tended to their fields and animals grazed nearby.

Tuna in Spain is either sold plain in HUGE cans or as individual meals that were "enhanced" with oils and vegetables. Not finding recipes that matched my memory I experimented today and "think I found it"!

3 oz can of light tuna packed in water, drained
1/4 cup frozen corn thawed
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1-2 teaspoons garlic and herb (thyme and rosemary) olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch garlic powder
sprinkle of Spanish paprika (smoky)

Mix all of the ingredients above and grab your fork. Crakers are a nice touch, but weren't needed to complete the meal.

No comments: