Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Buffet

Christmas Day was just supposed to be breakfast and dinner. But I received new cookbooks and utensils and didn't dally in using them. The menu below reflects dinner and what I did the rest of the day.

Breakfast:
Biscuits and Gravy

Dinner:
Gingersnap Pot Roast with Dumplings
Pefect Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Nope - no vegetable - it was Christmas!

Extras:
Chocolate Mousse in white chocolate serving cups
Eggnog Cookies

The last two were from a Christmas gift/cookbook. I've posted the link. But, I've also heard it is out of print now. Well, I'm so happy I got one. LOVE IT! The mousse will be a regular item for me to make. So sweet, so good, and not really bad for you in the small serving sizes I made. The chocolate serving cups? Well, I have plans for those in the future - in a much smaller size. So easy, so decadent!

I spent the entire day (after presents) in the kitchen!

Check out my next post for another Christmas gift that was awesome!

No comments: